Baix a Mar
Baix a Mar Beach in Torredembarra, a town in the northern third of the Costa Daurada, is in the old fishing district and stretches from the Club Marítim (Yacht Club) to Plaça Narcís Monturiol, an area of great potential and tourist appeal, where a large part of the gastronomic offer is concentrated.
The beach is 800 metres long with fine, golden sands that slope gently into warm, calm crystalline waters. It has a sports zone and six beach tennis courts. On the promenade you’ll find Cal Bofill, an environmental activities centre. At one end of Baix a Mar Beach is the Yacht Club which hosts various water sports activities and a children's sailing campus.
If you like snorkelling, the area known as Les Antines offers a magnificent underwater seascape consisting of three rock bars that rise parallel to the coastline.
Baix a Mar Beach also offers different services, including assisted bathing with an amphibious chair, reserved parking for people with functional diversity, lifeguards, litter bins and recycling points, adapted public toilets, footbaths and drinking fountains.
- Length: 800 m.
- Average width: 42 m.
- Type of sand: Fine.
- Bathing water quality: Excellent.
- Orientation: Southeast.
- Sea bottom: Flat with some rocky areas.
- Bathing area signposted with natural biotopes.
- Lifeguard and first aid
- Public address system (information on the state and quality of the bathing water).
- Sand cleaning
- Recycling points (paper, packaging, glass and organic matter)
- Area for people with reduced mobility with the following services: Pergola with shaded area, amphibious chairs, adapted public toilets, adapted ramps and reserved parking.
- Sports area and children's play area.
- Entrance and exit channel for boats
- Nearby urban bus stop
- Cal Bofill, environmental activities centre. Blue Flag Centre
- Blue Trail
It is forbidden to
- Dumping and abandoning waste, both on land and at sea.
- Lighting fires
- Anchoring in the entrance and exit channels for skate boats and kayaks and within the bathing areas.